Terms of Service
The Terms of Service Agreement is mainly used for legal purposes by companies which provide software or services, such as browsers, e-commerce, search engines, social media, and transport services.
A legitimate terms-of-service agreement is legally binding and may be subject to change. Companies can enforce the terms by refusing service.
Customers can enforce by filing a suit or arbitration case if they can show they were actually harmed by a breach of the terms.
There is a heightened risk of data going astray during corporate changes, including mergers, divestitures, buyouts, downsizing, etc., when data can be transferred improperly.
A terms of service agreement typically contains sections pertaining to one or more of the following topics:
A. Disambiguation/definition of key words and phrases.
B. User rights and responsibilities.
- 1.1: Proper or expected usage; definition of misuse.
- 1.2: Accountability for online actions, behavior, and conduct.
- 1.4: Payment details such as membership or subscription fees, etc.
- 1.5: Opt-out policy describing procedure for account termination, if available.
- 1.6: Arbitration detailing the dispute resolution process and limited rights to take a claim to court.
C. Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability clarifying the site’s legal liability for damages incurred by users.
D. User notification upon modification of terms, if offered.
Copyright © 2020 Bijan Norouz Worldwide Music Co. All Rights Reserved.